The Benjamin Marauder is truly the bane of rabbits and other small animals everywhere. It packs the three things every good air rifle should have: Power, accuracy and silence. It’ll allow you to fire shot after shot, hitting your target within about a penny’s width of accuracy at 60 feet while making almost no audible noise.
There are a few unique things about the Benjamin Marauder that really sets it apart from other air rifles. Available in .22 caliber, .177 caliber and .25 caliber, this gun is a great choice for just about any kind of shooter.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Benjamin Marauder .25
The Benjamin Marauder comes with a barrage of unique features that make it the first choice for many air rifle aficionados. Not only does this gun have power, accuracy and a low noise level, but it’s also highly versatile, suitable for all sorts of different air rifle users.
• The Benjamin Marauder accepts by compressed air and CO2. You can fill it via hand pump or through bulk-fill CO2.
• Adjustable psi. By default, the gun is tuned to 2,500 psi. You can tune it up or down depending on what you’re using the gun for. Easy to follow instructions are in the owner’s manual.
• Choked barrel makes the gun even more accurate. Customers report being able to hit quarter sized targets as far as 150 feet away.
• 10 shot repeater clip allows you to take many shots before having to reload. Can be a lifesaver when you’re shooting a fast moving critter.
• Raised aluminum breech makes re-loading your clip infinitely faster and easier. No more struggling to get the clip in and out.
• Accepts any kind of 2-piece scope. It’s easy to quickly change scopes to aim for different distances.
• Internal shroud makes the gun silent as a ghost. No more loud bangs that scare away rabbits. You can take shot after shot without anyone (or anything) even knowing you’re there.
The Benjamin air rifle can be tuned to 3,000 psi. For CO2 gas, you’ll want to tune it to 2,000 psi. By default, it’s tuned to 2,500 psi. By any measure, this is an enormous amount of power. It can easily take down a rabbit in a single shot.
The 10 shot repeater allows you to shoot multiple shots at lightning speed. One thing that sets this gun apart is that there is no recoil whatsoever even if you’re shooting a heavy caliber, so there’s no downtime spent re-aiming before you take another shot.
Accuracy is one of the places where the Benjamin Marauder really shines. It’s an incredibly accurate air rifle. Its choked barrel makes it even more so.
Here are some of the results that real customers have reported:
• Consistently hitting a quarter sized bulls eye at 150 feet.
• Concentrations the size of a penny at 60 feet.
• Another customer actually did a bench rest test of the Benjamin Marauder at 90 feet and found that groups of 5/16” were repeatable for every 10 round clip.
The verdict for accuracy is in: The Benjamin Marauder is incredibly accurate. Even while shooting from as far away as 90 to 150 feet. You can literally take down a rabbit before you’re even close enough for it to see you.
The Benjamin Marauder is a very well built gun. It’s sturdy and feels like apowerful weapon. The shroud that covers the barrel of the gun gives it the appearance of a wicked .50 caliber power hunting rifle.
The trigger is 2 stage adjustable for different finger sizes. The trigger itself is metallic, giving it a cool and deadly feel. The safety trigger is ambidextrous and easy to use. The clip is easy to reload with the raised aluminum breech. The gun is solidly constructed all around.
Furthermore, the gun has a large number of configurations you can use. If you know your way around an air rifle, you can really customize this gun and push its performance hard.
Sights & Optics
The Benjamin Marauder accepts any 2-piece scope mount. Attach any scope you want and the Marauder will give it the power and accuracy necessary to make that scope sing.
Because the Marauder has virtually no recoil, you don’t have to worry about an expensive scope getting damaged. Your Marauders will take good care of your scopes.
The Benjamin Marauder weighs 7.12 lbs and is 42.5 inches long.
The reviews for the Benjamin Marauder are unequivocally positive. In fact, on Amazon there isn’t a single review that’s less than 5 stars.
Customers are always surprised at just how accurate the Marauder is. Reviews are full of customers who tried the Marauder and recorded their actual results. Results that blow other rifles out of the water. Customers are literally shooting the gun as far as 150 feet and hitting tiny targets.
Both hunters and people who simply want to keep pests out of their backyards are astounded at the power of the rifle. The .22 caliber can easily take down a rabbit or a garden gnome in a single shot. The .25 caliber can even take down a coyote with a well placed shot. There isn’t anyone who’s even hinting that this gun could use more power.
Average Rating: 4.9
Pros and Cons
Pros: This air rifle is one of the best rifles of its kind on the market, hands down. It has all the power you need for hunting or pest control. It’s accurate to as far as 90 to 150 feet. It can use just about any kind of scope you want to put on it. With no recoil, you don’t have to worry about wear and tear on your scopes or about losing sight of your target after firing.
It’s completely silent, allowing you to stealth-snipe critters from a distance without scaring any of them off. The 10 shot repeater clip allows you to take many shots between clips. The compressed gas and CO2 dual-compatibility allows you to optimize for accuracy and power or for convenience.
Cons: The gun doesn’t come with any scopes on its own. Also, the gun is a little on the heavy side. If you attach a heavy scope, you’ll effectively be carrying a 10+ lb gun. For people with weaker arm strength, that could be a bit of a drag. For most people however, the heaviness isn’t too big of an issue.
The Benjamin Marauder runs between $430 and $720, depending on the caliber of gun that you choose.